To John Coleman, James Inhofe, Owen McShane, Christopher Monckton, Anthony Watts, and others who actively promote doubt on the reality of global warming, its seriousness, or the need for mitigation thereof:
We, the undersigned, hereby call upon all global warming doubters
- to bring lawsuits against Al Gore and James Hansen, to charge them for conspiracy, as has been promised on numerous occasions, and to do so as soon as possible — so that the question of whether Gore and Hansen are ‘co-conspirators’ in a global warming ‘scam’ can be definitively resolved at the soonest opportunity;
- to bring on the lawsuits in person;
- to clarify which of the numerous incompatible conspiracy theories which have been proposed hitherto will serve as the basis for said lawsuits; or if none of the existing theories are applicable, to explain why they were originally proposed;
- to acknowledge that all requests to Gore or Hansen to participate in ‘debates’ on global warming can and should be rightfully ignored — as such debates are invariably pointless and inconsequential, and will only serve to distract from the truly important debates to take place in the courts of law and the chambers of parliament worldwide;
- to cease and desist from all extralegal efforts, such as polls and petitions, to remove Hansen from his position as the Head of the US NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, until such a time when the courts of law have ruled him to be guilty of the crime of conspiracy.
Please sign this petition!
To sign, please post a comment below giving
- your name and/or alias;
- sufficient contact information to identify you — a snail mail address of your home, and/or your organizational affiliation, and/or your telephone number and country, etc. (signatures without sufficient accompanying contact information will be handled at a lower priority and may be reformatted);
- optionally, your home page address, your e-mail address, and/or a personal statement.
Prof. Fred Foobar
Organization: Department of Anthropology, Miskatonic University, MA, USA
Home page: http://misk.edu/~foobar/
(If you’d like to discuss this petition instead of signing it, please proceed here.)
Update 2008-08-02: If you wrote something below that’s not a signature, and you can’t find it, then I may have moved it to the discussion post. (This is just to make it easier to count signatures. ☺)
Update 2008-08-03: Michael Tobis is concerned that “saying ‘so sue me’ on behalf of someone else” may not be a good idea. I’d therefore like to clarify that I’ve created and signed this petition on behalf of nobody but myself (so yes, the wording of the title may not be the most suitable). And I urge signers not to misconstrue this petition as a statement “on behalf of” Gore and/or Hansen, or as being officially sanctioned by them.
Update 2008-08-11: Corrected a typo in Clause 4: “take places” should be “take place”.
Update 2008-08-24: Added a link to my genealogy of climate conspiracy theories in the petition text.
Thanks to the following bloggers and forum goons for pinging back here (pingbacks are moved from the comments space below, to make it easier to count signatures):
(Once more: To sign the petition, please post a comment below.)