cite as: F. Bi. 2009. Not political activism III: watch out, it’s Wealth Transfer!!! Intl. J. Inact., 2:89–90
Meteorologist and global warming ‘skeptic’ Anthony Watts once more shows how he’s opposed to the theory of man-made global warming for purely scientific reasons, and how extremely willing he is to focus on the climate science and keep politics out of it: [cached]
The Copenhagen Climate Change Treaty Draft – wealth transfer defined, now with new and improved “dignity” penalty
Wealth transfer! Goodness gracious! Now that is a purely scientific reason to deny global warming if I ever saw one. And the blog commenters helpfully elaborate on this by offering up their nuggets of total science:
Kaboom: Watt’s wrong with that? I happen to like dignity.
Dignity for me is not having to scrabble around for human and animal dung to light a fire to cook the maggots out of the family meal.
Dignity for me is access to clean plentiful water, provided by dams built with human ingenuity. […]
Another bit of 100% focused pure unadulterated science:
John Tofflemire: Dictators of Africa, Rejoice!! They are demanding 300 billion US for the “damage” that will be caused by climate change. Of course, their peoples could develop if only there wasn’t so much corruption and repression but that is another matter! This is money that will enrich corrupt thugs throughout the continent. Incredible that this is even being considered.
And yet more scientifically scientific science:
Mark: […] Nice to know that most democrats (and some certain republicans) are working for the economic welfare of foreign nations over ours.
You can feel the totally scientific climate science in each and every one of these comments. See, if you focus on the science, you’ll see that
- those filthy US Democrats care too much for the welfare of foreign nations, and
- actually we should care for the welfare of foreign nations — after all, it’s obligatory for us to profess our concern for poor people as long as they’re not in our country — but
- instead of giving money to dictators like Robert Mugabe
and Jacob Zuma,
- we should give it to capitalist value-producers such as AIG ex-VP Jake DeSantis, and
- this’ll magically help the Africans develop their own economy — oh, and overcome climate change, which doesn’t exist anyway.
Indeed, my friends, we should really just focus on the science of climate change. Please think of the poor people, by keeping all your money. Lastly — and most importantly — remember that Anthony Watts is not engaging in political activism. Not.