cite as: F. Bi. 2008. You are in a
maze of twisty little think-tanks, all alike. Intl. J. Inact., 1:161
twisty little maze of different.
Note: The diagram of think-tanks is updated from time to time.
Check the end of this blog post to find the latest version!
- Updates to the think-tank diagram
- 2008-10-29: The Tennessee Center for Policy Research is also at 18.104.22.168. Also added 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, and the ICSC/NZCSC/AusCSC nexus.
- 2008-11-17: Lots of domain name weirdness surrounds the Competitive Enterprise Institute. Also, the Heartland Institute and the “New Coalition for Economic and Social Change” share an IP address.
- 2008-11-24: Added the State Policy Network, who also dispense some (!) interesting advice to free-market think-tanks on web site design in the “Web 2.0” era.
- 2008-11-27: The Public Interest Institute.
- 2008-12-06: The American Environmental Coalition, Frontiers of Freedom, and the National Center for Policy Analysis.
- 2008-12-17: The CEI’s Cooler Heads Coalition, and a bunch of astroturf sites under Policy Communications Inc.
- 2009-01-01: Joanne Nova, Science Speak (by JoNova and David Evans), The TaxPayers’ Alliance, The Freedom Association, the Lavoisier Group, David Archibald, Climate Change Issues, and the Samuel Griffith Society.
- 2009-09-03: The Climate ‘Science’ Coalition of America, the Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy, the Macdonald Laurier Institute (“coming soon”), the Evergreen Freedom Foundation, and the Blueglass Institute for Public Policy Solutions.
- 2009-11-14: Clusters of web sites surrounding the Prague Network, America’s Power Army, and
overcriminalized.com… plus something interesting.
- Other stuff