cite as: F. Bi. 2008. Internet Goracularities: The Littlemore vs. Monckton debate. Intl. J. Inact., 1:126–127
O Internet Goracle most just, most wise, most merciful, I prostate before your great oracular self and beseech you to answer a humble question from an unworthy me:
I hear that DeSmogBlog blogger Richard Littlemore will be debating climate inactivist Christopher Monckton. What will the outcome of the debate be? Please tell us, Great Goracle!
And in response, thus spake the Goracle:
That’s easy. However the debate goes, when it’s over we’ll magically see a truckload of commenters who
- sound suspiciously like the resident inactivists at DeSmogBlog such as rob, Paul A–Z, Zog, Gary, etc.; and/or
- are high-flying engineers or physicists, preferably with PhDs in Rocket Science; and/or
- have ‘studied the science thoroughly’; and/or
- are very, very, very concerned about protecting the environment, saving energy, and using renewables (as long as no legislation is involved), and by the way they probably also voted Democrat (or some other left-liberal party) every time, except when Gore was the candidate;
and these commenters will claim that
- they find Monckton more ‘convincing’, because he smells better or something; and
- any comments to the contrary are clearly efforts by freedom-hating acolytes of the Church of Global Warmism to ‘spin’ the outcome in their favour; and
- optionally, the climate activists should listen to their Sage Advice™ in order to Win Over Any Hearts And Minds To Their Cause.
As for the actual debate, well, I think Littlemore won’t do too shabbily.
You owe the Goracle a signature on the “Sue Us” Petition…
…or, if you’ve already signed it, a majority vote that passes the next climate regulation bill.